- 1 Bunch of Kale, stems removed and rough chopped
- ½ Lg Onion, sliced
- 3-4 slices bacon or pancetta, cooked (favorite cut)
- ½ Lg. Jalapeno, sliced in rings (optional)
- 1-2 slices Rotisserie Chicken, breast (skin removed)
- 4 Mission Figs (can use dates or prunes)
- 2 Tbsp Dried Cranberries
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil (optional, can substitute with EVOO)
- Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a Large skillet over Med-High heat. Add onions until translucent. *Keep stirring, can brown quickly.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Reduce heat to Medium and add Kale, let it cook down then ADD Salt & Pepper to taste, then add Figs.
- Return Onions to the pan, stir then remove from heat.
- Toss lightly with Dried Cranberries, Bacon, Jalapenos, and Parmesan Cheese
- Best served warm
- I’ve prepared this dish using Shallots and prefer them to be CRISPY as a topping
- We love the heat of the Jalapeno – but feel free to remove the vein & seeds to reduce heat
- *Add Goat Cheese to take this Salad to another stratosphere!! Seriously, it’s that good!!
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Substitute some healthier seasonings/oils/Skillet meals: For more information about Wildtree products go here: http://mywildtree.com/wendywilkes