- 2 (16 ounce) cans Del Monte green beans, drained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chopped or minced garlic
- 4 ounces bacon, diced (raw) or 4 ounces ham ( cooked)
- ½ a medium onion, diced
- Drain green beans and set aside. Broth Mixture: Mix broth,butter, sugar, peppers and salt until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Preheat a deep pan over medium high heat.
- Cook the bacon pieces down till they are brick red, add the onions and cook until soft and translucent, add some chopped garlic then add the broth mixture, let the broth simmer for 20 minutes then add the green beans to the broth mixture.
- Stir to incorporate. Bring mixture to a boil and then turn off heat. You do not boil or simmer the green beans for long just enough to heat through, this is important so that you don’t over cook them.
- TIP: They are best made a day in advance to absorb the broth.
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Substitute some healthier seasonings/oils/Skillet meals: For more information about Wildtree products go here: http://mywildtree.com/wendywilkes