- 6 large Portobello mushroom caps, stems and gills removed
- 3 T. garlic grapeseed oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2–3 T. taco seasoning (I prefer Wildtree brand -gluten free, low in sodium, organic)
- ½ c. water
- 10 oz. four cheese Mexican-blend, finely shredded
- 4 green onions, green part only, finely sliced
- ½ pint grape tomatoes, washed and cut in quarters
- 1 avocado, seed and skin removed, cut into small chunks
- Sides (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. With a pastry brush, brush oil on outside of each mushroom cap, and around the interior and edges. Set finished caps on lined baking sheet and set aside.
- Over medium-high heat, brown ground beef in a large skillet until no longer pink inside. Carefully drain off excess fat and return to heat.
- Add 2-3 T. taco seasoning mix and ½ cup water to skillet. Stir to distribute taco seasoning evenly. Cook on medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until excess water cooks down, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool for a couple of minutes.
- Divide the seasoned beef among the 6 mushroom caps. Add approximately 1 oz. of shredded Mexican cheese to each cap and top with sliced green onions.
- Place baking sheet on middle rack of oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes, until cheese is melted. Remove from heat and cool for a couple of minutes before serving.
- To serve, top with chopped tomatoes, avocado, additional cheese, and green onions. For added crunch, serve with baked sweet potato chips.
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Substitute some healthier seasonings/oils/Skillet meals: For more information about Wildtree products go here: http://mywildtree.com/wendywilkes