- ¼ c. dry bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef...
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. minced onion
- 2 c. water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 c. diced celery
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- ¼ c. apple cider vinegar
- 1 c. pineapple chunks
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- Combine bread crumbs, onion and salt together. Add ½ cup water and blend well. Crumble in ground beef and the beaten egg. Mix very well. I used my hands to incorporate the ingredients fully. Make about 18-20 meatballs the size of a ping pong ball.
- Brown meatballs in a large skillet. Make sure all sides have been browned well and thoroughly cooked. Once browned on all sides, remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, sautee the bell peppers and celery. Should take about 5 minutes for them to soften up without losing all the crunch.
- Add the remaining water with the pineapple juice, apple cider vinegar, pineapple chunks, and brown sugar to the peppers and celery. Stir to mix well.
- Take corn starch and mix with small amount of water, just enough to not be a paste. Add this to the veggies in skillet and continue to cook on low for about 3 more minutes.
- Carefully place meatballs back into skillet. Gently stir to get the sauce over the meatballs. If you stir too much you risk them breaking apart. So just toss gently.
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://wendyweighsin.skinnybodycare.com/