- 1 pound spicy bulk pork sausage, crumbled
- 1 pound sweet bulk pork sausage, crumbled
- ½ c. chicken or vegetable stock, plus additional, if needed
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, toughed ends removed and chopped into small pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 2 cans (15 oz.) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (15.5 oz.) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (28 oz.) tomato puree
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 can (28 oz.) petite-cut tomatoes, undrained
- 3 T. chili powder
- 1 T. ground cumin
- 2 t. oregano, dried
- 1 t. cayenne pepper
- 1 c. black coffee (or water), if needed
- Salt, to taste
- For the Garnish, (optional)
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ c. chopped red onion
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, sliced
- In a large skillet, brown pork sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove from heat and drain excess fat from pan. Transfer browned sausage to slow cooker crock.
- Return skillet to burner over medium-high heat. Deglaze pan with chicken or vegetable stock, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add olive oil, garlic, and onion to pan and cook, stirring frequently, about 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add celery and carrot and continue cooking another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and pour skillet contents into slow cooker.
- Add white beans, red beans, tomato puree, tomato paste, petite-cut tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper to slow cooker. Stir to combine all ingredients thoroughly. If desired, add water or black coffee to thin mixture before cooking.
- Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours. When finished, stir and add salt to taste. Adjust other seasonings, as desired.
- Spoon into bowls and top with shredded cheese, chopped onions and/or sliced jalapeno peppers. Serve immediately.
- Freeze or refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
We use Wildtree Chili Mix, it has no sodium. Check it out here
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Substitute some healthier seasonings/oils/Skillet meals: For more information about Wildtree products go here: http://mywildtree.com/wendywilkes