- 6 fresh peaches, pits removed and cut into small pieces
- 3 T. fresh lime juice
- ½ medium shallot, minced
- 3 T. red onion, cut into small, thin slices
- 1-2 t. jalapeno peppers, seeds and veins removed, and very finely minced
- 3 T. fresh cilantro leaves, stems removed and chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a glass bowl and stir to combine. (Start with a very small amount of jalapeno pepper and taste before adding more). Season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator overnight or on the counter at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with foil packet citrusy orange roughy or other minimally seasoned fish, chicken or pork recipe. This can also be served in place of regular salsa with tortilla chips.
For best results, make this salsa the night before serving so the flavors have a chance to blend. This will also soften the peaches and onion to a nice consistency.
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com