- 1 8 oz bar of cream cheese
- toffee candy bits
- For the Caramel/Toffee sauce:
- 1½ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 1¼ cups heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp sea salt
- You will need a heavy bottomed medium saucepan for this. Into the pan add the sugar and water..... You may stir this till mixed well BUT DO NOT STIR AGAIN TIL YOU ARE ADDING THE CREAM!!! **VERY IMPORTANT** (if you stir while the sugar is cooking, it will crystalize!!!)
- Cook over a med/low heat and let it sit until sugar starts to dissolve and begins to bubble, fast tiny bubbles...
- Continue to cook over med/high heat until it begins to turn a MEDIUM DEEP BROWN color.** WATCH VERY CLOSE as it can burn very quickly at this point**IF THE MIXTURE TURNS A DARK BROWN/BLACK START OVER!! It will be burnt at that point...
- As soon as the desired color is reached, REMOVE from heat and immediately & carefully add in the cream and butter - the mixture will bubble fiercely but let it sit until it settles. Add the salt and stir til dissolved.
- Place on a cooling rack til it is room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Pour cooled sauce over cold cream cheese and sprinkle toffee bits on top.
- Serve with sliced apples or graham crackers.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Substitute some healthier seasonings/oils/Skillet meals: For more information about Wildtree products go here: http://mywildtree.com/wendywilkes