- 1 Small Pumpkin – roasted
- 3T Olive Oil
- 7 Cups Chicken Broth (Vegetable broth would also work for this)I use Wildtree
- 2 C Sherry
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream (try Coconut milk for a different flavor)
- 2-3 Large Shallots
- Parsley – torn
- 6 Slices Bacon – crumbled
- 2 C Sliced Mushrooms - Sliced
- 3-4 Stalks Celery Celery - chopped
- 3 T Cajun Seasoning
- Garlic Salt
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pumpkins seeds (use the seeds from the pumpkin)
- Slice Pumpkin in half, clean out and reserve seeds. Place pumpkin halves face down in glass baking dish with ½C water. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until soft.
- Rinse pumpkin seeds and toss in bowl with 1T Olive Oil, pepper and garlic salt. Spread on baking sheet and roast at 375 for about 20 minutes or desired crispiness. Remove from oven and set aside to cool when finished.
- Add 1T of Olive Oil to a Soup Pot/Stockpot then add Shallots and Celery. Sauté 3-4 minutes. Carefully add Sherry and let cook about 2-3 minutes to cook out alcohol. Please be careful with this step since the alcohol can ignite! Next add Chicken stock and simmer. When the pumpkin is finished roasting and has cooled enough to handle, remove the skin and chop the pumpkin into chunks and add to the broth. Simmer about 20 minutes. Transfer the soup to a blender. Next, puree the soup in a blender until creamy. Return the soup to the pot and add the Cream.
- In a Saute pan, add 1T Olive Oil and sliced mushrooms. Sauté about 5 minutes until golden. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Next, cook the bacon slices, cool and crumble the bacon.
- Add the Bacon, Mushrooms and Cajun seasoning to the soup. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve in a bowl and sprinkle with chopped parsley and pumpkin seeds.
- Enjoy! <3
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Find our Wildtree products here: http://mywildtree.com/wendywilkes