REALLY Good Relish by Holly
- 8 cups of chopped/peeled cucumbers
- 4 cups of chopped/seeded green bell peppers
- 4 cups of chopped/seeded red bell peppers
- 2 cups of chopped celery
- 1 cup of chopped sweet onion
- ½ cup of pickling or canning salt
- 3 cups of white vinegar
- 2¼ cups of sugar
- 3 tbsp celery seed
- 3 tbsp mustard seed
- I use a food processor to finely chop everything up.
- *In a large glass or stainless steel bowl, combine cucumbers, peppers, celery, onion and salt. Cover and let sit for 4 hours in a cool place; then transfer to a colander and drain. Rinse well with cool water and drain thoroughly using your hands to squeeze out the excess liquid.
- *Prepare your canner, jars and lids
- *In a large stainless steel saucepan...combine vinegar, sugar, celery and mustard seeds. Stir well and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add drained cucumber mixture and return to a boil. Be sure to stir frequently, reduce heat and boil gently for 10 min.
- *Put your relish in hot jars leaving ½ inch headspace. Wipe rim well and place your lids on jars. Place in canner and make sure they are covered completely with water. Boil for 10 min, remove canner lid, wait 5 min, remove jars, cool and store.
- * Make sure the center has popped down and sealed; if not, you can refrigerate and eat within 2 weeks. Happy relishing!
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/