- ¼ cup olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1½ cups chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 4 mini yellow bell peppers sliced (cored and seeded)
- 4 mini orange bell peppers slided (cored and seeded)
- 4 mini red bell peppers sliced (cored and seeded)
- 3 small yellow squash sliced thin
- 3 small zucchini sliced thin
- 1 small can original Rotel (if you like spicy)
- 1 small can crushed tomatoes (if you don't like spicy then make it 2 cans)
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Used a large 12" saute pan over medium heat, add olive oil.
- Once hot, add the onions and garlic.
- Cook, stirring frequently until onions are wilted and lightly caramelized, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add thyme, all the bell peppers, zucchini and squash, (added a fourth cup more olive oil here) continue to cook approx 15 minutes stirring frequently until vegetables are close to done.
- Add tomatoes, basil, parsley, salt and pepper and cook for a final 10 minutes.
- Stir well to blend and serve either hot or at room temperature.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Substitute some healthier seasonings/oils/Skillet meals: For more information about Wildtree products go here: http://mywildtree.com/wendywilkes