- 8 Cups water
- ⅓ Cup Coarse salt (for Bath)
- 30 Spears of Asparagus
- 1-2/3 Cups Vinegar
- ⅔ Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Coarse Salt
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 1-1/2 tsp Dill Seed
- 1 White Onion sliced
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 2 Smashed Garlic Cloves (for bottom of jars)
- Trim the cut end of the asparagus spears, and cut them into 3 inch lengths.
- Place them in a large bowl with ⅓ cup salt, and cover with water.
- Let stand for about 2 hours. Drain and rinse under cool water, and pat dry.
- Sterilize two, pint size (wide mouth is easier) jars in simmering water for 5 minutes.
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt, mustard seed, dill seed and onion slices in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, and boil for one minute.
- Sprinkle in ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes (or to taste) and 1 crushed garlic clove in each jar. Pack the asparagus spears, tips up, in the hot jars leaving ½ of space from the rim.
- Pour hot pickling liquid into the jars, filling to within ¼ inch of the rim. Wipe rims with a clean damp cloth, and seal with lids. Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature. Check seals when cool by pressing the center of the lid. It should not move. If any jars have not sealed properly you can refrigerate and eat within two weeks.
- Label and date jars and store in a cool dark place.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com