- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1½ cups salted peanuts (also great with cashews)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spray a wooden spoon (or other heat-proof stirring implement) with non-stick cooking spray. Lightly grease a 10" x 15" or larger baking sheet, or line it with parchment.
- Mix together the sugar and corn syrup in a large microwave-safe bowl and stir until well combined; the mixture will be stiff and hard to stir. Be sure to use a large enough bowl; the sugar/corn syrup should fill it no more than ¼ to ⅓ full. Microwave the sugar mixture uncovered on high power for 5 minutes; it will bubble vigorously.
- Add the peanuts and butter, and stir well to combine. Speed is key! The cooler the mixture becomes the harder it will be to stir.
- Replace the bowl in the microwave and cook on high for 2 to 4 minutes, until the mixture turns a nice medium-brown caramel color. Start watching carefully around the 2-minute mark, and remove when the caramel color is achieved.
- Add the baking soda and vanilla. The mixture will bubble furiously upon the addition of these ingredients — this is what gives the candy its hallmark airy texture. (This is also why you need to use a large bowl.) Stir quickly to combine. The finished mixture will look creamy and caramelized.
- Working quickly, pour the mixture onto your prepared baking sheet and spread it as evenly as possible. If you end up with an uneven spread, don't worry — the candy should still set up nicely, even in the thicker areas.
- Once the brittle has set and cooled (30 to 60 minutes), break it into pieces
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com