- Salad Ingredients:
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce, washed, patted dry and cut in half length-wise
- 8 oz. rotisserie chicken breast meat
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- 1 t. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 t. honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Set your oven to broil.
- Cut the Romaine heads in half and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place under the pre-heated broiler for a couple minutes (keeping a close eye on it because lettuce will burn quickly). Remove once the lettuce is a nice, golden brown.
- Add all the ingredients for the balsamic vinaigrette together in a glass bowl. Whisk thoroughly to combine. Allow vinaigrette to sit for at least half an hour to give the flavors a chance to meld.
- Place ½ browned Romaine head on each plate and top with 2 oz. of chicken and 1 oz. of goat cheese. Divide sliced red cabbage and chopped pecans among the four plates. Drizzle each salad with a little of the vinaigrette and serve immediately.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Substitute some healthier seasonings/oils/Skillet meals: For more information about Wildtree products go here: http://mywildtree.com/wendywilkes