- 2 T. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1 large or 2 medium tomatoes, washed and chopped, seeds and excess liquid discarded
- 1 ½ c. dried orzo, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 2 T. capers
- 1 T. caper liquid
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 T. fresh thyme, stems removed and chopped
- 1 T. fresh parsley, stems removed and chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add olive oil and minced garlic to a cold skillet and turn heat to medium high. Sauté for 2 minutes, then add tomatoes and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes (until tomatoes become soft). Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked orzo, capers and liquid, lemon juice, thyme and parsley with the tomato and garlic mixture. Toss until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight. Stir and serve chilled with grilled chicken breasts or your favorite main dish.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Substitute some healthier seasonings/oils/Skillet meals: For more information about Wildtree products go here: http://mywildtree.com/wendywilkes