- 6 T. unsalted butter
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 3 c. chicken or vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 4 oz. goat cheese, cut into chunks and softened
- 16 oz. sharp yellow cheddar cheese, grated, plus extra for serving
- 2 t. Dijon mustard
- 2 t. Worcestershire sauce
- 8 oz. mild-flavored beer
- ¼ c. chopped red onion, soaked in water (optional)
- Add unsalted butter to a Dutch oven over medium heat. Once melted, add carrot, celery, onion and garlic and sauté until soft, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add flour and stir until completely incorporated. Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock and increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer uncovered for approximately 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove from heat and blend mixture with an immersion blender until smooth, if you have one. If not, transfer the liquid to a blender and blend until completely smooth. Work in batches if necessary.
- Once smooth, return mixture to Dutch oven over medium-low heat. Add the heavy cream, goat cheese, and half the cheddar cheese. Stir continually until cheese is completely melted. Add the remaining cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
- Add the mustard, Worcestershire sauce and beer and stir until blended. If soup is too thick at this point, add a little additional chicken or vegetable stock. Continuing simmering on medium-low heat another 5-10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Serve immediately with soft pretzel rolls or crusty bread of your choice. Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, red onion, and/or popcorn.
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Substitute some healthier seasonings/oils/Skillet meals: For more information about Wildtree products go here: http://mywildtree.com/wendywilkes