- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats, or as needed
- 1 cup butterscotch chips, or to taste
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Beat the first egg into the butter mixture until completely blended; beat the vanilla into the mixture with the last egg.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a separate bowl. Beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture about ½ cup at a time. Fold the rolled oats and butterscotch chips into the resulting dough. If the dough isn't firm enough, mix in more rolled oats, about ¼ cup at a time, until dough is of desired consistency.
- Refrigerate the dough for 1 to 2 hours before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Scoop up dough by heaping tablespoonful and roll into balls. Place cookies about 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until very lightly browned and cookies are set in the middle, 10 to 12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool for about 5 minutes before removing from baking sheets to finish cooling on wire rack.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com