- 1 lb. ground turkey (I use ¾ dark ⅓ white)
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 large carrot peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 6 oz. mushrooms sliced
- 5 cups fresh spinach
- 4 tablespoons oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning or poultry seasoning
- For the Pineapple Guacamole:
- 1 container of store bought guacamole
- 2 fresh avocados forked into mix
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon red onion
- splash of extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup diced pineapple
- Heat oven to 350
- )In a large frying pan, heat to medium, add half of broth, onions, carrots and pepper. Saute for 10 minutes. If the pan gets too dry add a couple tablespoons more broth.
- )While veggies are cooking, put meat in a big bowl. Add bread crumbs and seasoning and combine.
- )add mushrooms and cook for an additional 5 minutes with more broth
- )add garlic and spinach. Bring temperature down to low if necessary and add only a couple tablespoons more of broth. This mixture should be pretty dry when complete. Continue turning spinach into other vegies.
- )Turn off heat and pat dry with towel. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- )When veggies are cool enough to handle, incorporated into meat and form into patties and place on plate. Wet hands periodically so the meat doesn't stick to hands.
- )Clean pan out of excess veggies. Heat pan to medium high and add a couple tablespoons of oil. I use coconut.
- )Fry burgers in batches of 2-3 at a time for 3-4 minutes per side. You are wanting to get a crust on each side, cooking will finish in oven. Place burgers from pan onto cookie sheet.
- )Finish in oven for 10-15 minutes. Cooking time varies by thickness of burger.
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Substitute some healthier seasonings/oils/Skillet meals: For more information about Wildtree products go here: http://mywildtree.com/wendywilkes