- ½ lb ground beef
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- ½ green pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- S & P (TT) to taste
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed well
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 bunch kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- In a large sauté pan, brown beef and drain well.
- Set aside and add 1 Tbsp butter. Sauté onion, carrots, celery, green pepper and garlic until softened, around 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and sugar, stir to combine. Add water, lentils, cooked ground beef and bouillon cubes. Stir and add kale.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until kale is softened and done, approximately 45 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning (S&P) and adjust.
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Substitute some healthier seasonings/oils/Skillet meals: For more information about Wildtree products go here: http://mywildtree.com/wendywilkes