- ¾ cup warm whole milk
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted and cooled
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup marmalade
- 3½ cups flour
- ⅓ cup chopped candied fruit and/or raisins
- 1 egg, beaten – for egg wash
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Using the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the milk and yeast, let stand until the yeast has softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the egg, granulated sugar, butter, salt, nutmeg and marmalade.
- Beat on medium speed until blended, about 3 minutes.
- Using a dough hook, blend in 3 cups of flour. Beat on medium speed until dough is smooth and stretchy, about 15 minutes.
- Add just enough of the remaining flour until dough is slightly tacky.
- Add the candied fruit and raisins, and fold in with a few spins of the mixer or by hand to distribute evenly.
- Return the dough to an oiled bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm place until doubled.
- This takes about 1½ hours.
- Punch down the dough. With buttered hands, shape into 16 smooth round balls.
- Evenly space apart in 2 buttered 8 or 9 inch square pans.
- Cover loosely and let rise in a warm place about 40 minutes or until doubled and puffy. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400. Brush buns with an egg wash (one egg and about 1 tablespoon water).
- Bake about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool in pans for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Spoon into a small sandwich bag, snip a small hole in the corner and squeeze icing onto the buns to form a large X. (Hopefully, you can do a better job than I did.)
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
You can enjoy some of these great recipes in moderation without feeling guilty with this AMAZING product!! Money back guarantee!!http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com