- Ice Cubes
- ½ cup half and half or whole milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup Kosher or Rock salt
- 4 cups ice (crushed or cubed)
- 2 quart size sealable freezer bags
- 2 gallon-size sealable freezer bags
- OPTIONAL toppings:
- candy sprinkles, fruit puree, fudge or caramel sauce, chopped nuts, etc
- Combine the half and half, sugar and vanilla extract in the quart-size bag. Seal the bag tightly, then put it in another quart size bag and seal carefully so that none of the liquid will leak out.
- Fill the gallon-size ziplock bag halfway with ice cubes. Sprinkle the ½ cup Kosher salt over the ice cubes. (the salt helps lower the freezing point of the water)
- Put the quart size bag filled with ingredients into the bag of ice and salt. Seal the gallon-size ziplock bag (be sure to get out as much air as possible). If the bag begins to leak, I recommend double bagging it to reduce the mess.
- Wrap the bag in a hand towel then shake the bag for 5-10 minutes or until the ice cream mixture begins to thicken. Feel the small bag to determine the consistency of your ice cream. Once satisfied with the consistency, remove the small bag from the bag of ice.
- Wipe down the smaller bag to remove any salt water from the outside. Open the small ziplock bag and add any desired toppings that you want. You can eat the ice cream right out of the bag or scoop it into a bowl.
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://wendyweighsin.skinnybodycare.com/