- For the Crust & Crumble Top Pastry
- 3½ cups Gluten Free Flour ( I like King Arthur Brand)
- 1¼ cups granulated organic cane sugar
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups (2½ sticks) unsalted butter, chilled & cut into bits
- 2 large egg yolks , lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pure almond extract
- Shortening, to prepare pan
- 2 to 3 cans of Gluten Free Cherry Pie Filling
- Arrange oven rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 375ºF. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch metal baking pan with shortening.
- Prepare the Crust & Crumble Top Pastry: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until well combined. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles a coarse meal with small pea-sized pieces of butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk extracts into beaten egg yolks using a fork. With a fork, gently toss into flour mixture until moistened and dough starts to hold together. Continue to toss and blend gently with fingertips until well combined yet taking care not to overwork the dough.
- Remove 2 generous cups of the crumb mixture and set aside for the topping in a small bowl. Press remaining dough evenly into prepared baking pan. Spoon Cherry Pie Filling into pan on top of dough and spread evenly with rubber spatula; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until topping is golden brown and filling is cooked through and bubbly, about 45 to 55 minutes. To prevent over-browning of topping, cover with sheet of aluminum foil during last 20 minutes of baking.
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com