- 3 - 5 apples
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Grease bottom and sides of a 10-inch spring form pan
- Peel, quarter, and core apples. Thinly slice each quarter several times without cutting all the way through.
- Do this just before you place them on cake.
- The apples "open" when they are baked.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter and sugar, eggs and lemon juice until creamy
- Blend flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir into sugar mixture alternately with the milk
- Spread batter in the pan. Arrange apple quarters as shown
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean
- Cool in pan on wire rack. Remove the cake from pan.
- Dust with powdered icing sugar just before serving.
- Put a tablespoon of icing sugar into a small sieve.
- Gently strike the sieve with a spoon to sprinkle sugar evenly over cake.
- Add ½ to 1 tsp almond flavoring instead of or as well as the lemon juice.(Almond flavor is optional)
- After I peel, quarter, and core apples, I put them in a bowl with the lemon juice and a little sugar that way the cake won't get too mushy.
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Substitute some healthier seasonings/oils/Skillet meals: For more information about Wildtree products go here: http://mywildtree.com/wendywilkes