- 8 lbs small pickling cucumbers
- 4 Cups water
- 4 Cups white vinegar
- ¾ Cup white sugar
- ½ Cup pickling salt
- 3 Tbs pickling spice
- 7 heads of fresh dill
- 7 cloves garlic (smashed)
- Place cucumbers in a large pot or bowl and cover with ice and water. Allow to soak for about 2 hours but no more than 8 hours. .
- Drain and allow to dry.
- Combine water, vinegar, sugar, pickling salt and pickling spice in pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Sterilize jars and lids in boiling water. Place 1 dill head and 1 garlic clove in bottom of jar. Pack cucumbers into hot sterilized jars leaving about ½ inch at top. Pour hot pickling liquid into jars filling them to ¼ inch of the rim.
- Top with lids and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill with hot water, bring to a boil. Carefully lower the jars into the pot leaving a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary until the water level is at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring water to full boil, cover and process for approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove jars from stockpot and place onto a wooden or cloth covered surface.
- Be sure to leave jars several inches apart until they are cool. Once they have cooled, check the top of each lid by pressing on it with your finger. If the lid does not move up or down at all they have successfully sealed. (If you have any that did not seal, you can refrigerate and eat within 2 – 3 weeks.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Substitute some healthier seasonings/oils/Skillet meals: For more information about Wildtree products go here: http://mywildtree.com/wendywilkes