- ½ cup fresh lemon juice [approximately 4 whole lemons]
- 3 cups cold water
- fresh mint, for garnish
- For the Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 3” stalks lemongrass, cut into small chunks
- 3” fresh ginger, peeled and cut into small pieces
- To make the ginger simple syrup, add 1 cup water and 1 cup white sugar to a medium saucepan. Peel a 3” piece of fresh ginger and chop into small pieces and add to the pan with the chopped lemongrass. The smaller you cut each piece, the more surface area you will expose to the boiling sugar mixture, which will add more flavor to the syrup.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a 32 oz. glass pitcher, add lemon juice and water and stir to combine. Add simple syrup as desired.
- Serve poured over ice with fresh mint for garnish. Offer additional infused simple syrup for those who want a little extra sweetness.
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com