- 1 pound Italian sausage (hot, but mild or sweet also work)
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 6 eggs
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 (20 ounce) bag frozen hash browns, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- ¼ teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- thinly sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Add the ground sausage to a medium pan. Cook over medium-high heat until browned. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Save 1 Tbs. of sausage grease in the pan and toss the rest.
- Add the onion and red pepper to the pan, and saute for 5 minutes until cooked.
- Add the garlic and saute for an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour the vegetable mixture into the mixing bowl with the sausage. Add the hash browns and 1½ cups of the cheese to the bowl. Stir well.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and black pepper.
- Add to the hashbrown mixture, and stir.
- Pour the mix into a baking dish, and top with the remaining ½ cup of shredded cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an extra 10-15 minutes until the top of the potatoes begin to lightly brown.
- Remove and let it rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions if you like and enjoy!
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Find our Wildtree products here: http://mywildtree.com/wendywilkes