- 1 pound cleaned squid rings
- Lemon (for garnish)
- Half a teaspoon black pepper
- Half a teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons corn meal
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- Enough cooking oil for deep frying
- Get your ingredients ready and make sure that the squid wings are thawed out. Heat the oil for deep frying.
- In a bowl, combine the corn meal (corn flour), corn starch, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Coat the squid rings in the mixture a little at a time so they won’t stick together. Shake off excess.
- Fry the calamari in batches of 5-12 rings depending on the size of your fryer. It is important to not overcrowd the pan so it remains very hot and gets the calamari really crispy. Each batch will be cooked in about 2-3 minutes so you have to watch it closely.
- Drain excess oil on kitchen towels.
- Serve with a slice of lemon and your favorite dip or dips! 1 pound is good for 2-4 persons depending on appetite.
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Find our Wildtree products here: http://mywildtree.com/wendywilkes