- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb russet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped dill pickles
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- coarsely ground pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Combine broth, potatoes, carrots and butter in a large pot. Bring to a boil and then lower heat and cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Add pickles and pickles juice, continue to simmer. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, sour cream and water to make a paste.
- Whisk (vigorously) the sour cream mixture (2 Tbsp at a time) into the soup.
- Some of the potatoes will break apart, but this is okay.
- Add seasonings and serve, garnish with some fresh dill or pickle slices.
- You may also want to add salt to taste depending on how salty the pickles and juice are that you are using.
- This makes a very thick soup, for a thinner soup add water (about a ½ cup at a time until you have the consistency that you prefer.)
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Substitute some healthier seasonings/oils/Skillet meals: For more information about Wildtree products go here: http://mywildtree.com/wendywilkes