- 2 cups finely chopped or grated seeded peeled cucumber
- ½ cup finely chopped seeded tomato
- 1 /4 cup chopped red onion
- Greens of 2 green onions chopped fine
- ¼-1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- ¼ -1/2 cup sour cream (I used ¼ cup plain kefir) (use yogurt to lighten)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Tortilla chips
- Remove seeds from cucumber, chop fine, put in colander, and add ¼ teaspoon salt. Let rest for 10 minutes to drain juice.
- Use paper towel to get excess moisture out.
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, lime juice, cumin, and remaining salt. Pour over cucumber mixture and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately or chill. Serve with chips or can be used to top a pita pocket, fish or chicken.
- Tastes similar to Tzatziki sauce, the Greek sauce used with gyros.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Substitute some healthier seasonings/oils/Skillet meals: For more information about Wildtree products go here: http://mywildtree.com/wendywilkes Check out our sea salts!