- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons oil
- ½ pound smoked sausage, cut into ½ inch slices
- 2 cups frozen cut okra
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground red cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14.5 ounce size) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (12 ounce size) frozen shelled deveined cooked medium shrimp, rinsed
- 1½ cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 3 cups water
- In small saucepan, combine flour and oil; mix well. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. This is your Roux. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring constantly, about 10 minutes or until mixture turns reddish brown. Place flour-oil mixture in 3½ to 4 quart Crockpot.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients except shrimp, rice and water. Cover; cook on low setting for 7-9 hours.
- When ready to serve, cook rice in water as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, add shrimp to gumbo mixture in crockpot; mix well. Cover; cook on low setting for additional 20 minutes. Serve gumbo over rice.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Substitute some healthier seasonings/oils/Skillet meals: For more information about Wildtree products go here: http://mywildtree.com/wendywilkes