- Approximately 3 lb. apples ( make sure ½ are Granny Smith )
- Gala , Fugi, Or Granny Smith
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. allspice
- ½ tsp. cloves
- Dash of salt
- ¾ cup water or fresh apple cider
- Fill Crock-pot ¾ full with peeled, cored and sliced apples.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until evenly mixed.
- Cover and cook on low setting overnight or until the butter is of a thick, spreadable consistency.
- If apple butter has too much liquid, remove lid and cook on high until thickened.
- Stir often as butter thickens to prevent scorching.
- Mash Apple Butter until chunky or smooth with hand held masher or blender
- Store in refrigerator for up to 6 weeks. Freeze for longer storage.
- Put in jars with water bath processing also.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com