- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 3 pints strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 3 cups heavy cream
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, and oil, along with the amount of water called for by the package directions.
- Beat until well combined. Divide the batter between the pans.
- Place in oven and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Let the cakes cool for at least 10 minutes before removing them from the pans.
- Cool completely before assembling the shortcake.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle ½ of the sugar over the strawberries.
- Set aside at room temperature until the berries release their juices, about 30 minutes.
- About 15 minutes before serving, combine the cream and the remaining sugar in a medium bowl and whip by hand or with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Place one of the cake layers on a serving platter.
- Pile on half the strawberries and half the whipped cream.
- Top with the remaining layer, the rest of the whipped cream, and the remaining strawberries. Serve immediately.
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com