- 1 lb. fettuccine noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 head fresh broccoli florets (reserve stalk and stems for another use) - or 1 12 oz. bag frozen broccoli florets
- 2 T. water
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 c. butter
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ c. half & half (not low fat),
- ½ c. chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste,
- 1 c. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- I small bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- additional freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Tip: To prevent curdling, remove half and half from refrigerator when starting this recipe so it is less cold when added to the hot ingredients.
- Cook the fettuccine while preparing the sauce so the noodles are still warm when ready to toss with the other ingredients.
- Prepare broccoli by placing florets in a microwave-safe bowl with 2 tablespoons water. Microwave on high until crisp-tender. Cooking time will vary depending on individual microwave ovens, so test after 2 minutes and adjust cooking times accordingly. When finished, drain to remove excess water. Set aside.
- Add garlic and butter to a saucepan and turn heat to medium. Sauté garlic for 1-2 minutes before adding cream cheese, half & half, and chicken broth. Continue cooking while stirring constantly until cream cheese is completely melted.
- Reduce heat to low and continue stirring for about 15 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir in freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add chicken, broccoli and cooked fettuccine noodles to a large serving bowl. Add the sauce to the bowl and gently toss until thoroughly combined. Top with chopped parsley and more freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve immediately
Don’t have time to make alfredo sauce? You must try Wildtree’s Alfredo Extraordinaire :
And Only 160 mg sodium per serving!
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com