- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup juice from lemon
- lemon zest off one lemon
- ½ tsp Lemon Extract (optional if you love lemon)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup cranberries (I used fresh frozen ones I had in the freezer)
- Pre heat oven to 375 and either grease muffin tins or use muffin cups.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large measuring cup or bowl whisk together eggs, brown sugar, and white sugar until combined. Whisk in milk, oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, lemon and vanilla extract.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and mix everything together with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Do not over-mix as this will produce tough, dense muffins. Gently mix until all the flour is off the bottom of the bowl and no big pockets of flour remain. The batter will be really thick and somewhat lumpy. Fold in your cranberries .
- Spoon muffin mix into your prepared muffin tins, fill them all the way to the top. Sprinkle some white sugar on top of each muffin and make for about 25-30 min till tops are lightly golden. A toothpick inserted in the centre should come out clean. Store muffins at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Muffins freeze well, up to 3 months.
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
You can enjoy some of these great recipes in moderation without feeling guilty with this AMAZING product!! Money back guarantee!!http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Substitute some healthier seasonings/oils/Skillet meals: For more information about Wildtree products go here: http://mywildtree.com/wendywilkes