- 1 small zucchini, washed, cut in half and uniformly sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, washed, cut in half and uniformly sliced
- 1 head cauliflower, washed and trimmed, florets only
- 1 head broccoli, washed and trimmed, florets only
- 4 kale leaves, stems and ribs removed, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 3 T. olive oil
- 12 grape tomatoes, washed and cut in half lengthwise
- 6-8 large fresh basil leaves, washed, rolled and cut into thin strips
- 4-6 salt-cured organic lemon slices, very finely chopped including rinds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries [optional]
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. rice vinegar
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 t. lemon zest
- 2 t. honey
- 2 t. Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- In a glass bowl, combine all vinaigrette ingredients and whisk until thoroughly combined. If possible, make in advance to allow the flavors to mingle. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Set aside.
- Place zucchini, squash, cauliflower, and broccoli in a large microwave-safe dish and add 2 T. water. Cover and microwave on high for about 5 or 6 minutes, or until crisp tender. Cook times will vary by microwave, so test after 3 minutes and adjust cook time accordingly. Do not overcook. Set aside to cool.
- In a large glass bowl, add torn kale and drizzle with olive oil. With your fingers, massage each piece of kale with your fingers until the olive oil is worked into the leaf. This will soften the kale and improve its taste. Add cooled zucchini, squash, cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes, basil, chopped preserved lemon and cranberries to bowl. Toss to combine. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- Right before serving, add desired amount of citrus vinaigrette and toss to coat thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com