Chilled Cucumber Avocado Soup with Fresh Dill
Recipe type: Soup
This super easy and refreshing chilled soup is perfect for a hot summer day. It comes together in just a few minutes without ever needing to turn on your oven or cooktop. This soup is also a great way to use up those delicious cucumbers from your garden or local farmers’ market.
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 ½ cup Greek 2% yogurt
- ½ medium avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and cut in half
- 3 T. fresh dill, chopped
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- 2 t. ground cumin
- 2 t. sea salt
- black pepper, to taste
- optional: sprigs of fresh dill and/or sliced cucumber for garnish
- Add all ingredients to blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- If you prefer a thinner soup, add a little more chicken or vegetable stock until you reach the desired consistency.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 2- 3 hours before serving.
- Serve topped with sprigs of fresh dill and thin slices of cucumber.
- For an even prettier presentation, toss a few cooked and chilled shrimp with some ground cumin and chop into small pieces.
- Sprinkle seasoned shrimp pieces on top of soup and add a sprig of fresh dill.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/