- 6 slices of bacon - crumbled
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts – shred or cut bite sized after cooking
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots – chopped
- 6 oz fresh mushrooms - sliced
- 6 cups spinach – lightly chopped
- 6 garlic cloves – minced
- Low sodium chicken stock
- ⅔ cup uncooked quinoa - pre rinsed
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Keep about 1 Tbsp of the bacon drippings in the pot.
- Increase the heat to medium-high.
- Add onion, carrots, mushrooms and ¼ tsp salt to pan and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté 2 more minutes.
- Remove from pot.
- Add a little oil or cooking spray to pot.
- Add chicken and cook until done. Shred once cooled.
- Stir in onion mixture, chicken stock, bay leaves, the remaining salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add quinoa to pot, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until done.
- Add in spinach and thyme simmer for about 5 minutes or until spinach is slightly wilted.
- Discard bay leaves.
- Sprinkle bacon on top.
- I like to serve it with Parmesan Cheese to sprinkle on top.
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
You can enjoy some of these great recipes in moderation without feeling guilty with this AMAZING product!! Money back guarantee!!http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Substitute some healthier seasonings/oils/Skillet meals: For more information about Wildtree products go here: http://mywildtree.com/wendywilkes