- One 4-6 pound chicken
- Water - enough to cover chicken in cooking pot
- 1-2 teaspoons salt, based on personal preference
- black pepper to taste
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- For the Potpie dough:
- 2 c. flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 egg
- ½ to ¾ Cup milk
- Place whole chicken in a large pot, and cover it with water.
- Cook for about 1½ hours, or until chicken begins falling off the bones.
- Cool, and remove from broth. Debone chicken and cut into large chunks.
- Strain broth and place back into pot. Add chopped chicken, salt, and pepper. Add carrots and celery. Bring to simmer over low heat.
- To make noodles:
- Mix together dry ingredients. Add butter and mix with fork. Add egg. Add milk a little at a time.
- Mix until dough forms a ball. Roll out on floured surface. Cut into squares.
- Bring simmering broth mixture to low boil.
- Drop dough squares into boiling pot pie one at a time.
- Cook uncovered 15-20 minutes or until done.
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
You can enjoy some of these great recipes in moderation without feeling guilty with this AMAZING product!! Money back guarantee!!http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Substitute some healthier seasonings/oils/Skillet meals: For more information about Wildtree products go here: http://mywildtree.com/wendywilkes