- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder(I prefer garlic galore)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup buttermilk, cold
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- For the Topping:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, divided
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley (or ¼ teaspoon dried)
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, garlic powder and cayenne. Stir in the cheddar cheese; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the buttermilk and melted butter until the butter forms small clumps.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and mix gently with a rubber spatula just until a dough forms and no dry ingredients remain. Use a greased ¼-cup measuring cup to scoop out portions of dough. Place on the prepared baking sheet, leaving a little more than an inch between biscuits.
- Bake until the biscuits are golden brown, about 12 minutes. While the biscuits are in the oven, stir together the 2 tablespoons melted butter, garlic powder and parsley. Remove the biscuits from the oven and immediately brush with the topping mixture. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container or zip-top back at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Substitute some healthier seasonings/oils/Skillet meals: For more information about Wildtree products go here: http://mywildtree.com/wendywilkes