- 4 6-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 egg whites, beaten with ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup hard Asiago cheese, finely grated
- 1.5 T. dried oregano
- 1 cup vegetable oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Create a "breading station" by combining flour, salt and pepper in one bowl, beaten egg white mixture in another, and bread crumbs combined with Asiago cheese and oregano in a third. A glass pie dish or similar shaped container works great for the bread crumb mixture.
- Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin until they are a uniform ½ inch thick. Discard plastic wrap and pat chicken dry with paper towels. Make sure all excess moisture is removed.
- Starting with one breast, dredge it flour and shake off any excess. Dip in egg mixture to coat thoroughly. Lift and allow excess to drain before pressing the chicken into the bread crumb and cheese mixture to coat. Flip breast and repeat. Place each coated breast on a wire rack and let sit for 5-10 minutes to "set up."
- Add ½ cup vegetable oil to a 12" skillet and set to medium-high heat. Working in batches, add 2 of the breaded chicken to the hot oil once it starts to shimmer. For best results, don't do all 4 at the same time to prevent overcrowding in the pan. The excess steam from overcrowding will interfere with the browning process.
- Cook on one side until golden brown and crisp, then turn over to repeat on opposite side. As soon as each breast is flipped, reduce heat to medium and cook on second side about 5-6 minutes to finish cooking through. Remove cutlets and place on a wire rack set inside a rimmed baking pan and gently remove excess oil with paper towels. Place cutlets in preheated oven to keep warm.
- Remove cooking oil from pan and wipe excess with a paper towel. Add remaining ½ cup of vegetable oil to pan and repeat process with remaining chicken cutlets. Serve warm.
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://wendyweighsin.skinnybodycare.com/