- 1 lb shrimp that has been deveined and cleaned. The shrimp should be thawed if using frozen.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed and roughly chopped
- ½ lb dry spaghetti or capellini that’s been cooked in salted water just until it is al dente
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Quarter cup of the pasta water used for cooking the pasta
- 2 tablespoons spring onion, chopped into quarter inch sections
- Spanish paprika for garnish
- In a skillet or frying pan over medium heat, carefully brown the butter just until you see it turning a bit darker in color. Add the chopped garlic and stir together until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp and cook on both sides until the shrimp turns pinkish orange.
- Then add the reserved pasta water, cooked pasta, and salt and pepper. You may not need to add salt if the pasta has been salted when cooking or if using salted butter. The extra liquid will help fully cook the shrimp and deglaze the pan so all the flavors can be absorbed by the pasta.
- Toss the pasta in the shrimp butter garlic sauce for a minute. Turn off the heat and add the spring onion. Toss again until everything is well combined.
- To serve, place in individual plates and sprinkle with some extra spring onion and a light dusting of Spanish paprika.
I often use Wildtree Scampi blend when making this recipe.
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Find our Wildtree products here: http://mywildtree.com/wendywilkes