- 1 pint heavy whipped cream
- 1-2 T. real maple syrup
- 1 angel food cake, homemade or purchased
- 5 T. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and cut into chunks or slices
- ½ pint fresh blueberries, washed
- In a large glass bowl, blend 1 pint of heavy whipping cream with a hand or immersion blender until it doubles in size and changes texture. Then, drizzle maple syrup into the bowl and continue blending until the mixture is light and fluffy. Set aside.
- Place your oven’s top rack on the highest setting and turn the broiler on high.
- Due to its round shape, angel food cake is normally cut into a series of wedges. However, the pieces will not brown evenly under the broiler if cut like this. Instead, carefully slice the angel food cake with a sharp knife into equally thick sections by making a series of parallel 2” wide cuts, starting on one side of the cake and working toward the opposite side. Trim the pieces so they are all approximately the same size. The result should be uniformly sized pieces that will brown evenly.
- Place the angel food cake slices on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and brush the top with melted butter. Turn over each piece and repeat on the other side.
- Place baking sheet under the broiler until a golden-brown crust starts to form. (You may need to rotate the baking sheet to get uniform results). Keep a close eye on the cake during this time because it can burn very quickly. Once toasted, remove baking sheet from oven and turn over each piece of angel food cake. Place back under the broiler and toast the remaining side until golden brown.
- To serve, arrange toasted slices on individual serving plates and top with maple whipped cream and fresh berries.
2016 All Rights Reserved, WendyWeighsin
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com