- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 6 chicken thighs
- 3 T. butter
- 2 cups baby Portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 medium shallot, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 oz. goat cheese, room temperature
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a 10" skillet, heat the extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Combine the smoked paprika, garlic powder, dried oregano, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Season the chicken thighs with the smoked paprika mixture and place skin side down in the heated pan.
- Sear the chicken thighs for approximately 4 or 5 minutes, or until they are nicely browned.
- Turn and repeat on the other side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the butter and mushrooms to the heated pan and saute the mushrooms for about 4 or 5 minutes.
- While the mushrooms cook, stir them occasionally until they are browned and very little moisture remains in the pan.
- Add the shallot and garlic to the pan and saute until translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and rosemary and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and add the seared chicken thighs back to the pan and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook the chicken for 25-30 minutes, then turn it over and continue cooking another 30 minutes or until the meat is very tender.
- Remove from chicken thighs from pan and keep warm.
- Separate goat cheese into 3 or 4 chunks and add to the warm sauce.
- Stir until completely melted.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste. Serve warm chicken thighs topped with creamy pan sauce along with mashed potatoes, garlic mashed cauliflower or your favorite side dish.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Substitute some healthier seasonings/oils/Skillet meals: For more information about Wildtree products go here: http://mywildtree.com/wendywilkes