- 2 heads fresh broccoli, washed and florets removed (stalks and stems reserved for another use)
- 2 12 oz. bags of frozen broccoli florets
- 2 T. water
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 2 T. olive oil, divided
- 1 t. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 T. unsalted butter, divided
- 2 T. sesame oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place fresh or frozen broccoli florets in a microwave-safe bowl with 2 tablespoons water. Microwave on high until crisp-tender. Cooking time will vary depending on individual microwaves, so test after 2 minutes and adjust cooking time accordingly. Do not overcook. Florets should be firm when finished.
- Add one half of the chopped garlic to cold skillet with one tablespoon olive oil. Set heat to medium and add ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (if desired) and one tablespoon of butter.
- Cook garlic over medium heat for approximately 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Increase heat to medium-high and add ½ broccoli florets to pan. Stir broccoli constantly while searing the florets.
- Once blackened, remove the broccoli from the skillet and place in a large glass bowl. Cover and keep warm.
- Repeat process with remaining garlic, olive oil, red pepper, butter and broccoli.
- When second batch of broccoli is finished, add it to the bowl with the original batch. Drizzle with sesame oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Substitute some healthier seasonings/oils/Skillet meals: For more information about Wildtree products go here: http://mywildtree.com/wendywilkes