- 2 refrigerated pie crusts (the kind in the long boxes by pillsbury)
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree, fresh or canned
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. almond extract (can use vanilla or maple extract)
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Dash of salt
- Dash of nutmeg (optional)
- For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, brown sugar, extract, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, and salt. Set to the side.
- Place pie crusts on a lightly floured surface and roll each one thin with a rolling pin. Cut each one into 8 rectangles. Use leftover to make up an odd shaped one 🙂
- Place a rectangles on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and spoon about 2 tbsp of pumpkin mixture into the center of it and smooth to within a ¼ " of the edge, leaving enough room for crimping. Top with another pie crust rectangle.
- Using a fork, crimp the edges by placing the tip of your fork about ½ inch over the edge of the rectangle.
- Repeat these steps for the remaining "pop tarts".
- Bake for about 11 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Then cool completely.
- To make glaze~ Mix together all the ingredients for the glaze.
- Once poptarts have cooled, spoon the glaze over the top of them and wait until glazed hardens.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://Wendyweighsin.SBC90DayChallenge.com
Check out our pumpkin products: http://www.mywildtree.com/PWS/WendyWilkes/store/AM/Catalog/ProductSearch.aspx?filter=&search=pumpkin