- 12 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 (10 oz) Pkgs of Marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon yellow food coloring
- ¼ teaspoon red food coloring
- Tootsie rolls
- green taffy
- ~In a pot on low heat melt the butter then stir the marshmallows in until they have dissolved completely.
- ~Next add the food coloring into the mixture and stir well until you reach the color of orange that you desire for your pumpkins.
- ~Add Rice Krispie cereal to the marshmallows & stir well until all of it is well covered.
- ~I let mine set for about 30 minutes in a bowl and let it cool some so that the rice krispie treats are easy to work with. After about 30 minutes take some mixture and roll up into a ball in your hands, about the size of a tennis ball or whatever size you'd like and then set on a sheet of wax paper and continue until all of it is gone.
- ~After you're done making all of your pumpkins take a tootsie roll and push down into the top so it looks like a stem sticking up.
- ~Next, what I used was small pieces of green taffy that I picked up at a party store and just took each piece and flattened out and cut each piece in ½ after I flattened it so you can get 2 leaves out of each piece and then I just shaped it into a leaf and then took a knife and made indentations in it to make it look like the veins in a leaf for an added look. Just place each little leaf at the top next to your tootsie roll.
- ~Next I used another very small bit of taffy and rolled it out in my hand until really thin, about the length of a toothpick and then curled it around to look like a little pigtail to make a little vine. You don't have to do this part if you prefer to skip it, just gives it that added look Makes approx. 20 pumpkins. These would be cute for kids to make for school Halloween parties too or any carry in.
Join my Recipe Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Blog
Come and get healthy with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fit4LifeWithWendy/
Are you wanting to try a product that is all natural and can help you on your weight loss journey? Money back guarantee. Learn more here: http://wendyweighsin.skinnybodycare.com/